Tuesday, July 12, 2005

a quick one

first thank you to my friends who still keep dropping by my little kitchen to say hi despite the paucity of my posts...
i miss bloghopping so much, but my real life is "happening" all around me right now. i owe a lot of stuff from a lot of nice people, i feel awful! :(
thank you too to the talented and prolific ajay for the feature in Manila Bulletin Technews about Pinay Food Bloggers, Part Two... she has a foodblog too! munchin' in manila is a wonderful repository of recipes and restaurant reviews. salamat ajay! it was great fun answering the questions and feeling like a fantasy celebrity for a day! heehee.

lately we have been the lucky recipients of takehome and takeout ("doggy bags"--i read these are unheard of in the EU! no super-sizing over there?) from our nearest and dearest. it's a great gift for these summer days when it feels like i should wear a hairnet and a whitecoat as a 24 hour lunch matron.
there's a time when i need to get away from all the left overs and i just gotta have something from my secret stash in the deep recesses of my pinay-stocked freezer...so i made this salad today to accompany my Saranggani Bay tinapang bangus (smoked milkfish).

salted duck eggs, red onions, and vine-ripened tomatoes salad...liberally sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper. and the forbidden (by husband) cilantro.