i was given some homework by schatzli...i enjoy these things because i get to find out about my blog friends and i get to examine myself some more....
1. total number of cookbooks i own. embarrassingly high number. 109. must weed out. billions of magazines i can't bear to throw/give away
2. last cookbook i bought. The Food of China, Deh Ta Hsiung and Nina Simonds.
3. last food/cookbook read. Shiok! Terry Tan and Christopher Tan.
4. 5 cookbooks that mean a lot to me.
Cake Bible--explanations for the magic of baking
Betty Crocker--sentimental, i referred to it quite a lot as a very young wanna be
Nora Daza's Galing Galing, guide to anyone starting up a pinoy kitchen
Recipes of the Philippines, Enriqueta David-Perez, ed.
Lutuing Pilipino ni Aling Charing--makes me daydream that i'm having a
conversation with my Lola, who never owned a cookbook, who taught me how to cook,
who loved our language greatly.
extra: my favorite food books "French Lessons" by Peter Mayle, and the novel
"Five Quarters of the Orange," Joanne Harris.
5. 5 other people whom you'd like to see fill in this tag...my blog "kumares": jmom,
celiaK., manang K (yoohoo manang!!!), ting-aling, purplegirl when she comes back to us (am praying for you ms. ppg!)....